Friday, October 1, 2010

Seniority

So, a recent study has shown that old people read comics. And not old like me, even though in my day comics were good stuff, when heroes didn't look ridiculous, no sir! They had pony tails, and scruffy beards, and pouched belts over their thighs!

Where was I? Oh, right. Though some may think me old, this article is regarding those over the age of 65. My first thought was "How can I capitalize on this?" I mean, if old people are reading comics, then there's a good chance that old people read comics blogs as well, provided their grandkids showed them how to work the computer.

So, for the better part of the day, I've been brainstorming as to how I could make my blog more accessible to the Silver Foxes. Here are the fruits of my labor.

Senior specific ads- As you can see to the left, I've provided a link for Metamucil, which is necessary for seniors who want fiber regularity combined with great taste. Future blogs will feature adds for Centrum Silver, Fixodent, and Depends Undergarments.

Larger Print- Sometimes, the default font size of my blog might be a strain on the eyes of my more elderly readers. To address this, I will periodically switch to a larger font, especially when the topic is of interest to an older demographic. Observe...

How about those Archie comics? Jughead should watch his diet, or else he's at a greater risk for heart disease and diabetes!

Topics Old People Like- This might be the hardest thing to accomplish, as the article didn't really go into detail as to what kinds of comics old people were buying. Still, I have an inkling about seniors' tastes, so let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment