Monday, October 4, 2010

Sweet Christmas!

So, apparently Isaiah Mustafa, the Old Spice Guy, wants to play Luke Cage. Assuming, that is, that Marvel hurries up and gets the long rumored Luke Cage movie anywhere resembling production.

As far as casting decisions, do I think Mustafa would make a good Hero for Hire? Let me put it this way: there are good ideas, and there are great ideas. This is so far beyond a great idea that it could warp the space-time continuum.

First, Mustafa's commercials are arguably the best Old Spice commercials; I say "arguably" because let's not forget those OS commercials featuring Bruce Campbell. Hungry Like the Wolf indeed.

Second, Mustafa was on NBC's Chuck last week, and he was absolutely magnificent. If he can bring the same kind of presence to a Luke Cage movie, then, at the risk of invoking hyperbole, that movie would be better than Citizen Kane and The Godfather COMBINED.

Now, I'm not gay, but if I were, I wouldn't say no....

Now, obviously, Mustafa would be most suited to the Seventies, smooth cat version of Cage. Still, I'd take my Power Man anyway I can get it. Jive turkeys beware.


Luke Cage, moments after listening to Glenn Beck's radio program.

No comments:

Post a Comment