Monday, July 26, 2010

The REAL World's Finest

I haven't had a chance to talk about the various webcomics I peruse online, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to mention two of my favorites. Now, if you're reading this blog, there's a good possibility that you already know about the two in question. Still, I'm gonna go ahead and talk about them anyway.

Dr. McNinja: Dr. McNinja is a doctor and a ninja. He fights all manner of ne'er-do-wells and such. He also treats bizarre medical conditions; in that regard, he's not unlike House M.D., except I'm not bored to tears when reading Dr. McNinja.

He has a gorilla for a receptionist, a 12-year old Mexican Bandito for a sidekick, and a hysterically messed up family. The average storyline of Dr. McNinja is filled with more awesome than should be legally allowed. For example:

Michael Bay WISHES he could come up with something this cool.

Also, Dr. McNinja is chock full of advice and pearls of wisdom...


Dr. McNinja is fun, action-packed, and chock full of smart comic-book style. There was one storyline entitled "Punch Dracula", which is exactly what it sounds like; at one point, our hero has to punch Dracula in the face. Said story also featured one of the most brilliant portrayals of Dracula EVER.

Axe Cop: Axe Cop tells the story of a police man who finds a fireman's axe and uses it to fight crime. I've told folks about the comic with just that statement, and their reaction is often "You've sold me with that one sentence". And it only gets better from there. Axe Cop is filled with absolute manic genius. And here's the kicker: it's written by a 6-year old boy.

Yes, much like those youtube videos of tykes rocking out to Guitar Hero on Expert, Malachi Nicolle's invention fills me with feelings of inadequacy I barely thought possible. By comparison, when I was Malachi's age, the best story I came up with involved the mysterious disappearances of ALF and Pee-Wee Herman and the Superfriends had to solve the case.

With art by his older brother, Malachi's comic is absolutely hysterical, filled with ridiculous amounts of violence and grotesquery, but with a certain innocence as well. And that's just the regular adventures. There's also a feature called "Ask Axe Cop" in which readers email questions for Axe Cop to answer, the results of which are often incredibly bizarre.


So, why I am mentioning these two comics? Because, starting this week, they're teaming up. I'm surprised that the pairing of two characters as awesome as Dr. McNinja and Axe Cop hasn't created a Singularity of Amazing, thereby causing reality to get sucked into a Black Hole of Radical, but then my grasp of Awesome Physics is lacking.


Leading physicists theorize that this may be the Manliest image ever, emitting Mantrinos at the rate of three McQueens per Macho Man on the Teddy Roosevelt Scale of Ass-Kicking.

Also, it should be noted that everyone says that police, firemen, and doctors are the real heroes, and this team-up features ALL of them. Ninjas, too.

The first part starts right here, continuing all this week on Axe Cop. The story concludes next week on Dr. McNinja.

No comments:

Post a Comment